9 Inbound Marketing Strategies Utilizing Digital Techniques for a Hair Salon Business
Digital marketing refers to electronic media advertising. There are many strategies for marketing hairstyling/manicure services online. A hair salon business should benefit from these nine inbound marketing strategies utilizing digital techniques.
- Webpage: Design a webpage for the hair salon so potential customers can locate the business on the internet. Approximately 40% of earth’s population has internet access. Nearly two-thirds of Americans own a smartphone. The design should be appropriate for viewing on a smartphone and across multiple platforms.
- Freebies: Conduct online drawing for customers to register for a free manicure. The registration slips should include name, e-mail address and phone number. This allows the owner/hairstylist to stay in touch with the potential customers and add new customers. Facebook is an awesome media outlet for drawings. The purpose of a freebie is to attract consumers to the salon.
- Online Ads: Advertise on the online site to create inbound traffic. Online advertisements are intended to attract potential customers with a need to come by the salon. Once the potential customer is in the door, service along with the talents of the hairstylist will win the customer’s loyalty. Also, consider advertising on other online sites, such as advertising manicures/pedicures on a site for nail products
- Customer Reviews: Include customer reviews on the site. A good review from a loyal customer is a great advertising strategy. A review works similar to word of mouth advertising.
- SEO Blogs: Write blogs for the web page or contract someone to write the blogs. The blogs should be on subjects relating to hairstyling or hairstyling products. Be sure to follow SEO protocols to attract high search engine rates. Articles on hairstyling products should take on the appearance of native advertising by matching the form and function of the platform, similar to an editorial.
- Content Syndication: Consider content syndication with the blogs on the hair salon’s website. Content syndication allows the blogs to be placed on high traffic websites. Follow protocols to allow links back to the original website. Allowing only a paragraph or two to be posted on the syndicated website will give readers a reason to travel to the hair salon’s website.
- Geo-targeting: Geo-targeting will allow a hair salon to direct promotional advertisements within the vicinity of the salon’s location. This allows the salon to target potential customers that live or work within a given radius of the salon with messages that appear on the prospects smartphone. Geo-targeting tools include global positioning systems, IP targeting and Wi-Fi triangulation. Customers may register to receive special messages. A salon may purchase a location as a service solution or select a proximity network.
- Geo-fencing: A hair salon stationed in a high traffic area with business people or vacationers may wish to market services with geo-fencing. Business people and vacationers may require salon services away from home. The hair salon sets up a virtual fence with a global positioning system. Individuals with smartphones crossing into the virtual fence will receive a message from the hair salon.
- Cookieless Retargeting: In a cookieless retargeting campaign, information originally gathered by a major internet player is utilized to display promotional advertisements to a potential consumer that has previously exhibited an interest in a product or service from the hair salon. Audience by Facebook and iAd by Apple are both tools that assist businesses with cookieless retargeting campaigns.
*Photo courtesy of Flickr’s Creative Commons.